ERP Evaluation, Selection and Implementation
All organizations are continuously assessing their current and potential information technology. Valuable management and technical resources expend significant time and attention to assessing the opportunities for enhancing business performance with new technology. Unfortunately many new technology initiatives do not generate the expected benefits, but exceed the expected costs.
Process Partners provides the combination of information technology, change management, project execution and risk management experience and skills, to complement a company's internal resources where needed to ensure expected benefits are achieved and expected costs are not exceeded. Most important Process Partners establishes a proven and sustainable process for management to utilize into the future.
Management is often challenged by the following situations:
- Excessive reliance on manual and / or Excel based processing and reporting
- Delays in addressing user requests whether short or long term in nature
- Lack of technology support for strategic initiatives
- High IT costs relative to the benefits
- Inefficiencies in key business processes
- Fragmented technology platforms
- IT general and application control deficiencies
Companies incur significant costs, many hidden, as the direct result of ineffective information technology as reflected in the above situations. Management has the opportunity to reduce and / or eliminate costs with the enhancement of its information technology either through either a fix or replace strategy. The "replace" strategy can be characterized as higher in both risks and costs than fix, but sometimes is highly justifiable. The key is picking the right strategy. Picking the wrong strategy is not often recognized until high costs are already incurred.
Process Partners knows and understands the key criteria and the most effective process for applying the criteria for deciding the right strategy for technology enhancement. Our experience and skills in information technology, change management and risk management, is leveraged in our structured methodology to ensure that management expectations are met. Depending on the company's situation we customize our methodology and the following services to optimize the combination of client and Process Partners resources.
Our methodology utilizes established management frameworks (such as CMM, ITIL and CobiT) to ensure sustainable results.
- Risk Assessment
- Strategy / roadmap development
- Process design and optimization
- Business Impact analysis
- Technology requirements definition
- Technology evaluation and selection
- Technology configuration, testing, and implementation
- Measuring and tracking performance improvement